Lead Operations Engineer (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD OPERATIONS ENGINEER (STARSHIP)
The ideal candidate can flourish in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while guiding the team through emerging needs. They will show strong initiative and approach problem solving with creativity. This person will lead a tight-knit team who possess broad skills across networking, operations, licensing and communications.
- Define new business processes and systems for high volume production, including manufacturing execution, nonconforming hardware management, configuration management, material traceability, process control, product fulfillment, maintenance, and other critical business/production systems
- Steer enterprise software/information systems development, including liaising with software teams to create tools to enable new and existing processes
- Develop standardized metrics for the production and quality organizations
- Implement data acquisition and reporting for production and quality metrics, and well as environmental, testing, and safety controls
- Assist production/engineering leadership team to identify trends and opportunities for optimizing product output, quality enhancements, and cost of manufacturability
- Consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex problems in a collaborative fashion and under tight deadlines
- Set goals and objectives for direct reports geared toward the achievement of operational results
- Coach and support professional development of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil, industrial, or engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing or engineering project management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Competency with SQL databases and ability to write SQL queries.
- Experience developing custom software, ERP/MES systems, and dashboards.
- Proficient in web-based Python applications (Flask/Django, etc).
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and their practical application in the factory.
- Experience leading teams in a rapidly changing, highly demanding environment, either through direct management responsibility or indirect/program management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to support extended hours and weekend work to support production and project milestones
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Lead: $125,000.00 - $175,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?