Material Handler (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MATERIAL HANDLER (STARLINK)
- Support production/engineering with the movement of parts to support master schedule
- Physically move and expedite materials when required in support of production/engineering and meet work order completion dates
- Verify all materials are packaged and banded for transport, and assists with loading and unloading of trucks
- Interface with receiving, quality control, purchasing and other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material
- Operate material handling equipment including but not limited to: forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand carts
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of expediting/material handling experience
- Experience operating a forklift and/or material handling motorized vehicles and equipment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working within a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience with barcode scanning to document material movement
- Experience working with aircraft or automotive parts and assemblies
- ERP system experience (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Must be available for at least one of the following shifts:
- 1st shift: Monday to Friday from 5 AM – 3:30 PM
- 2nd shift: Monday to Friday from 3 PM – 1:30 AM
- Weekend Day: Friday to Monday from 3 AM – 3 PM
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work in an open-aired environment, lacking temperature controls
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Material Handler/Level 1: $20.00/hour
Material Handler/Level 2: $22.00 - $26.00/hour
Material Handler/Level 3: $24.50 - $28.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?