SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Manage cost controls and control expenditures
- Create pricing schedules for all meals
- Source high quality ingredients with a focus on local, sustainable, and organic items
- Plan and create all menus with an emphasis on seasonal items and creative menu choices
- Purchase and manage inventory
- Enforce food quality
- Hold staff meetings for food safety, quality issues, and innovations
- Ensure safety of physical kitchen and café space
- Cater company events as needed
- Create a pleasant and fun environment for SpaceX employees to meet and share a meal
- Build a structure to deliver in-house catering and support company and special events
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of sous chef or culinary management experience
- Degree in culinary arts
- High volume production and catering experience
- Proven ability to create innovative menus on a daily basis
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a creative spirit and ability to make the culinary experience part of the SpaceX culture
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
- Ability to lift up to 25-30 lbs unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to work all required shift hours, including extended hours, and weekends, as needed
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?