Candidate Coordinator (Talent Acquisition) - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CANDIDATE COORDINATOR – TEMPORARY POSITION
As a Candidate Coordinator at SpaceX, you will be responsible for two primary functions: 1) actively screening and reviewing inbound applications and 2) hosting onsite interviews for prospective candidates. This role is integral in bringing great talent to SpaceX in addition to ensuring that candidates have a positive experience and successful interview day.
- Give tours of the SpaceX facility
- Manage onsite interview logistics, coordinating between recruiters, recruiting coordinators, and the hiring team
- Learn about our business to the extent that enables you to speak intelligently about our programs with candidates and client groups
- Ensure that all candidates have a positive experience while interviewing with SpaceX
- Review inbound applications for select roles
- Partner with recruiters to align on the ideal candidate profile
- Share relevant applicants with the corresponding hiring teams
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months (permanent hire conversion based on performance and business need)
- LOCATION: Cape Canaveral, FL (requires being onsite - remote work not considered)
- SHIFT: standard business hours
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience in recruiting or human resources
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience as a recruiting coordinator, applicant reviewer, or in a sourcing capacity
- Experience with Greenhouse or other applicant tracking system
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects, be flexible to change, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Team player with a high sense of urgency
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a strong passion to contribute to the team’s success
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including senior management, on one-to-one basis and in groups
- Capacity to learn and speak intelligently about our business and the space industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Relocation will not be offered, preference for candidates within a commutable distance
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Recruiting Coordinator: $27.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, and various other discounts and perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?