Satellite Policy Associate
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SATELLITE POLICY ASSOCIATE
Starlink will provide high-speed broadband around the world. Telecommunication is a heavily regulated business and this position will direct SpaceX advocacy to ensure these regulations enable and protect the provision of this ground-breaking service. As a member of the Starlink Policy Team, you will partner with Satellite Policy Advisors to manage the policy environment for both domestic and international portfolios of countries and/or regions to enable Starlink to serve people and enterprises around the world in the near future.
- Assist with developing and advocating for broadband and spectrum policies that will further SpaceX’s business objectives and Starlink’s success domestically and internationally.
- Draft pleadings, letters, and other advocacy pieces to promote SpaceX’s policy positions.
- Contribute to company satellite spectrum policy and outreach activities with government officials at all levels.
- Represent and promote the company positions before the FCC, the NTIA, and other Federal agencies, regulators, legislatures, and regional organizations.
- Direct regulatory practice to secure necessary U.S. licenses, regulatory compliance, and customer support for all SpaceX spacecraft, earth stations, and services for the Starlink program.
- Develop and administer regulatory licensing application preparation, pursuit, and compliance requirements for system and service licensing.
- Provide strategic regulatory advice and advocacy support to business development efforts.
- Advocate to optimize prospective satellite and telecoms regulatory frameworks and policy environments in alignment with SpaceX business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of industry experience OR advanced degree.
- Experience in the telecommunications sector, satellite policy, or with engineering development.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctor Degree.
- Understanding of broadband policy.
- Understanding of spectrum use and policies.
- Knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology.
- Knowledge of telecommunications business and regulatory issues outside of the U.S.
- Experience working with the Federal Communications Commission and other federal agencies.
- Knowledge of key commercial and government players in the telecommunications/broadband industry.
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time.
- Must be willing to work extended hours or/and weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?