Senior Manager, Transfer Pricing
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR MANAGER, TRANSFER PRICING
As Starlink continues to expand to deliver high-speed, low-latency satellite broadband internet globally, SpaceX is looking for a candidate to join the tax department and be responsible for all aspects of transfer pricing across the company, including establishing transfer pricing strategy and policy, ensuring all required transfer pricing study documentations are prepared, managing all intercompany agreements and invoices, and being the key contact for all transfer pricing related issues both internally and externally.
- Set, maintain, and document global transfer pricing policies and intercompany transactions
- Working with external advisors, manage all aspects of transfer pricing documentations as required (master file, local files, CbCR, any country specific documentation)
- Establish a process for creating and maintaining intercompany agreements and invoices to support all intercompany transactions
- Support local entity financial statement preparation and financial statement audits related to intercompany transactions
- Support global transfer pricing audits and draft FIN 48 documentation
- Proactively identify transfer pricing issues and regulatory changes that impact the company operations and financial positions
- Be the lead contact for transfer pricing / intercompany transactions across the company
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, business, or finance
- 8+ years of combined work experience in transfer pricing and tax with an accounting firm or with a multinational company
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with automating transfer pricing operations or managing large sets of data
- Exposure to Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa regions
- Self-starter with the ability to operate independently and manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines effectively.
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Manager: $160,000.00 - $205,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.