Operations Engineer (Supply Chain)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
OPERATIONS ENGINEER (SUPPLY CHAIN)
The supply chain team is responsible for the reliable sourcing, planning, procurement, warehousing, and transportation of all raw materials and components needed to build our revolutionary spacecraft and launch vehicles at rate. As an Operations Engineer on the supply chain technology team, you would support strategic process development in supply chain by building a deep understanding of SpaceX systems and processes, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies, and working with team members to execute on cross-functional projects. To be successful, you will need a passion for working with people to drive change, a willingness to roll up your sleeves and step into unknown situations, and a technical problem-solving mind that can quickly break down complex challenges into achievable actions.
- Build relationships with cross-functional groups to identify, prioritize, and lead challenging projects to completion; take ownership for the success and sustainability of actions
- Pull and transform data to understand and communicate current activities, and build a business case for improvement efforts
- Develop existing and future state process flows
- Contribute to a systems roadmap and work with the software team to develop requirements for any necessary enterprise system changes
- Present ideas, project details, and status to business leadership
- Develop policies, standards, processes, and documentation as necessary to ensure continued success and transferability after project completion
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience in manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, and/or inventory management (including school projects, clubs, or internships)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in engineering or supply chain
- Proficiency with statistics, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, and visualization
- Experience with CAD software, Power BI, Tableau, SQL, Excel, and discrete event modeling tools
- Experience with inventory, production, and capacity planning (including MRP/ERP systems)
- Experience as an industrial, operations, process or manufacturing engineer in a developmental manufacturing environment
- Experience with lean, six sigma, and related production principles
- Experience as a contributor to multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress environments
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- Must be able to travel - up to 25% work week travel
- This position is based in Cape Canaveral, FL and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Operations Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Operations Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?