Finance Manager, Europe
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling life on Mars.
FINANCE MANAGER, EUROPE
As the company expands its international footprint and provides Starlink (our revolutionary satellite low-latency broadband internet) across Europe, Starlink Internet Services Limited is seeking a Finance Manager for our Dublin office to ensure that our financial reporting obligations are met.
The Finance Manager role will focus on the Europe operations and will join Starlink, our new and dynamic business division. Starlink provides satellite internet coverage to over 50 countries around the world. Its mission is to deliver global internet access, and it is ideally suited to support rural and geographically isolated areas where internet connectivity is unreliable or nonexistent. Based in Dublin and reporting to the Director of Financial Operations Europe, the Finance Manager will be responsible for managing the audit process and financial reporting obligations across Europe. The ideal candidate will have experience in a multinational environment, across audits and ideally tax, and is a flexible individual who is prepared to support the rapid growth of Starlink as the global broadband business matures.
- Manage audit process for the Irish entity and other European entities
- Co-ordinate preparation, review and filing of statutory financial statements for European entities
- Co-ordination with 3rd parties, management of deliverables in line with engagement agreements and management of fees
- Responsible for Entity level income statements and balance sheets
- Review and maintenance of internal controls and accounting policies within Europe region
- Review of intercompany accounting and oversee recording of entries between group companies
- Assist with tax compliance and reporting requirements, for both direct and indirect taxes, across Europe
- Management of day-to-day finance operations in Europe as required
- Other ad hoc finance projects as directed, e.g., analysis of new products and expansions in Europe
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax or finance
- 6+ years of accounting or audit experience in public accounting, or with a large multinational organization, including 3 years management experience
- Current residency and work authorization in Ireland
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting professional qualification essential, e.g. Chartered Accountant
- Tax qualification preferable
- Experience of management of audit processes
- Strong technical accounting around Irish GAAP/IFRS and other accounting frameworks, with some knowledge of US GAAP preferable
- Experience in Financial Reporting
- Experience working with multinational environments
- Experience of management of teams
- Intercompany accounting experience preferable
- Exposure to transfer pricing and indirect taxes preferable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with global teams
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to embrace change based on business needs, and ability to work in a startup type environment
- Adaptability and flexibility will be essential
- Resourceful, independent and strong problem-solving abilities
- This is an onsite position based in Dublin, Ireland - remote work will not be considered
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.