Development Test Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DEVELOPMENT TEST TECHNICIAN
Development test operations is a fast-paced R&D focused group that supports testing of the latest vehicle and spacecraft designs. Test technicians work closely with test engineers to support fabrication, assembly, and operation of test stands and equipment.
- Fabricate metallic piece parts to print using machine shop equipment: mill, lathe, etc
- Assemble test equipment to print, including on-assembly fabrication operations: precision match drilling, welding, riveting, etc
- Assemble large mechanical assemblies that require strategic part manipulation and heavy lift operations and equipment
- Fabricate and assemble high-pressure pneumatic and hydraulic fluid systems, including bending/flaring/assembling of stainless steel and flexible tubing
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical fabrication
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Positive attitude and able to work well on a team
- Able to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to stay organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to read mechanical and engineering drawings and interpret tolerances (including GD&T)
- Able to read and interpret fluid or electrical schematics
- Skilled with mechanical hand tools
- Knowledge/experience with AN, MS, MP, and Swagelok fluid connections
- Knowledge/experience with cryogenic systems (gaseous and liquid)
- Knowledge/experience working with electrical components and systems
- Experience lifting, rigging, and preparing for heavy crane operations of complicated parts
- Proficient computer skills; comfortable with using email and the Microsoft Office suite
- Able to work at elevated heights occasionally (scissor lifts and articulated boom lifts)
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 30 lbs. unassisted
- Able to work in outdoor environments as needed
- Ability to work all required shift hours, including overtime and weekends when needed
- Willing to travel for short trips as needed, up to 10% travel
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Development Test Technician /Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Development Test Technician /Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Development Test Technician /Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.