Sr. Supply Chain Planner (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER (STARSHIP)
Starship will revolutionize space travel, and the Valves and Actuators Supply Chain team is a critical player in enabling Starship’s mission. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory. Join us as we manage an agile and robust value chain that enables us to meet ambitious growth targets as we accelerate the program and make humanity a multi-planetary species!
- Develop supply chain strategies and execute on them for risk mitigation and supply continuity
- Prevent stockouts and, as issues arise, tackle them with a ferocious sense of urgency
- Ensure MRP systems accuracy, including accuracy of demand signals (so that they match program rate), BOMs, up- and down-stream lead times, etc.
- Partner with engineering and production teams to drive business success
- Proactively update SpaceX leadership and partner teams on all critical supply issues
- Be an extreme owner for the success of NPI including through advanced material purchasing, DFM conversations & feedback, make vs. buy decisions, should cost modeling, etc.
- Manage inventory and spend to match program targets
- Drive significant cost reduction projects while maintaining supply continuity and part quality
- Analyze risks (such as single sourced parts, rate volatility, spend, etc.) and develop & execute on mitigation plans
- Drive continuous improvement across teams (both internal and external) to prevent issues from arising
- Issue purchase orders and ensure delivery to production plan
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies and invoice issues
- Manage vendor relationships and grow the supply base as needed in alignment with the broader team sourcing strategy
- Support supplier visits and assess for capability to meet cost, quality, and delivery goals
- Ensure compliance with all company policies & procedures and government regulations
- Advanced degree; or bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed and accuracy
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and ability to prioritize efforts to meet customer and company goals
- Strong technical ability to read drawings and blueprints, understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external supplier relationships in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated and tracked results compared to goals
- Excellent customer service skills, produce exceptional work at all times, highly self-motivated
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Technical knowledge and skills in coding and computer applications, (e.g. MS Office Suite, VBA, Smartsheet, SQL, Confluence, JIRA, Power BI, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Holds self to highest ethical standards, and conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Must be able to travel - up to 30% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Supply Chain Planner: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.