Propulsion Analyst, Structures
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROPULSION ANALYST, STRUCTURES
- Perform, document, and present static, thermal, dynamic, and durability analyses on the Raptor engine through FEA and first principles to drive design decisions and provide verification that reliability and performance requirements are met
- Anticipate and drive necessary analyses throughout engine component design cycles
- Validate model predictions are anchored to reality through a practical hands-on approach
- Assist in the organization and improvement of integrated system models
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of professional experience in structures, FEA, and thermal analysis (internship and collegiate extracurricular engineering project experience will be considered)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Strong understanding of physics, statics, mechanics of materials, durability, dynamics, and heat transfer
- Experience with setup, execution, and post-processing using commercially available FEA programs (geometry, defeaturing, mesh generation, and model selection)
- Able to perform hand-calcs to validate and improve models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to deliver against an aggressive schedule
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Propulsion Analyst/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Propulsion Analyst/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.