Sr. Enterprise Network Engineer (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. ENTERPRISE NETWORK ENGINEER (STARLINK)
At SpaceX we’re leveraging our experience in building rockets and spacecraft to deploy Starlink, the world’s most advanced broadband internet system. Starlink is the world’s largest satellite constellation and is providing fast, reliable internet to 1M+ users worldwide. We design, build, test, and operate all parts of the system – thousands of satellites, consumer receivers that allow users to connect within minutes of unboxing, and the software that brings it all together. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of Starlink’s potential global impact and are looking for best-in-class engineers to help maximize Starlink’s utility for communities and businesses around the globe.
As a Sr. Enterprise Network Engineer, you will drive the operation, reliability and scalability of how large enterprise customers around the world can leverage and depend on Starlink. You will be a key component in managing and expanding our global customer footprint, improving network performance, enterprise and business customers experience.
- Support the design and deployment of Starlink to very large enterprises around the world in all verticals
- Lead projects to iteratively increase Starlink’s network performance for enterprise customers
- Personally, lead troubleshooting and investigation sessions of major or chronic issues affecting key enterprise customers
- Lead projects and develop tools to enable Starlink NOC and Customer Support teams to expeditiously identify regressions or setup challenges affecting enterprise customers
- Produce technical case studies demonstrating integration details and value proposition of Starlink in enterprise market verticals
- Lead technical discussions and integration efforts with 3rd party partners and system integrators
- Participate in the overall Starlink network evolution epic by helping identifying candidate projects and providing technical leadership
- Mentor and train junior network engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline and 5+ years of professional hands on experience operating with large enterprise networks; or 7+ years of professional hands on experience operating with large enterprise networks in lieu of a degree
- Cisco CCNA (or other equivalent vendor network certification)
- Operational experience in a Linux production environment
- Experience with Python and/or bash scripting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Deep understanding of the typical enterprise networks including but not limited to:
- Load Balancers
- Layer-1 and Layer-2 leased lines
- Enterprise WiFi (Access Points and Controllers)
- Routing and Switching
- Ability to run projects independently
- Must be willing to do some travel domestically and globally in the future when needed
- Must be available for on-call rotations
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Network Engineer/Senior: $160,000.00 - $220,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.