Avionics Development Technician (Starshield)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AVIONICS DEVELOPMENT TECHNICIAN (STARSHIELD)
Starshield leverages SpaceX's Starlink technology and launch capability to support national security efforts. While Starlink is designed for consumer and commercial use, Starshield is designed for government use, with an initial focus on earth observation, communications, and hosted payloads.
- Fabricate and assemble high quality, high reliability wire harnesses and electromechanical assemblies
- Self-monitor work progress against area benchmarks and achieve on time delivery of all work
- Read, interpret and work from drawings and controlled documentation such as wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings and schematics
- Record work performed on shop floor management system (ERP) as well as use e-mail (MS Outlook)
- Perform verification of flight hardware and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- Assist with the development of production processes for first time production runs
- Assist with area efficiency improvement projects
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of professional experience manufacturing wire harnesses in commercial, automotive, or aerospace industry
- 2+ years of professional experience using electronics equipment (e.g. programmable power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree
- 6+ years of professional experience with wire harnesses and/or electronics equipment
- Experience in fast-paced production environment working with flight hardware
- Experience in a high production environment with hands on experience fabricating harness, electro-mechanical assemblies, or prototype development
- Experience using basic mechanical and/or electronics hand tools
- Ability to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed.
- Estimated start times: 1st shift (5am)
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
- Ability to distinguish colors
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Avionics Development Technician/Level 1: $23.00 - $31.00/hour
Avionics Development Technician/Level 2: $28.00 - $37.00/hour
Avionics Development Technician/Level 3: $33.00 - $43.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.