IC Packaging Test Engineer, Silicon Technology (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IC PACKAGING TEST ENGINEER, SILICON TECHNOLOGY (STARLINK)
Starlink believes in providing fast, reliable internet to those that need it most. We design, build, and launch the world's largest and most advanced satellite constellation that is capable of delivering high-speed internet to even the most remote locations. We also design, build, and ship the hardware that sits in the homes of our customers all around the world. And while our hardware and network are incredibly advanced, we keep the end-user experience impressively simple - our customers have internet within 10 minutes of unboxing.
In true SpaceX fashion, Starlink is taking the next step in vertical integration by bringing integrated circuit packaging and assembly in-house for development and manufacturing. We are looking for talented hands-on and dynamic test engineers with expertise in advanced semiconductor packaging and wafer test. You will work closely with test equipment manufacturers and in-house chip & system designers to develop and release production test solutions. You will assume full ownership of packaging and wafer test as we strive to make Starlink more affordable to those that need it most.
- Own test equipment definition for packaging and wafer level production testing
- Bring-up of test equipment and test programs for mass manufacturing
- Create automated test equipment (ATE) test programs and test plans
- Define full and comprehensive testing requirements to ensure product conformance
- Schematic and electrical review for all test equipment
- Supplier test interface for implementing new features, cost, and productivity improvements
- Implement advanced testing solutions for SpaceX next generation products
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, software, computer & systems, physics, or other applied engineering discipline
- Programming experience in C/C++/Visual/Python
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years industry experience with microelectronics packaging development
- Advanced technical degree
- Expertise in developing digital, high-speed and RF semiconductor test programs for production
- Strong RF test knowledge
- Experience with digital, high speed SERDES, RF, and mixed signal testing
- Wafer sort, wafer probe, probe card design and test experience
- Custom socket and wafer prober design and test experience
- Semiconductor functional and parametric test design and development
- Digital waveform and test plan programming development
- Ability to work extended hours or weekends as needed for mission critical deadlines
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.