Integration Technician (F9 Subassembly)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (F9 SUBASSEMBLY)
The integration technician is responsible for the assembly of various subassemblies across the entire launch vehicle including pneumatic, hydraulic and avionics applications. The task requires both mechanical assembly and avionics integration skills along with pneumatic and avionics checkout activity. In short, this role is responsible for building a large portion of the assemblies that get installed on the Falcon 9 rocket, which was designed from the outset to deliver humans into space.
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner
- Stage, set up, assemble, test and install flight hardware
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Hands-on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies
- Perform hydro and pneumatic testing
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document activities
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in hardware assembly, test, and/or installation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be willing to travel up to 5%
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Integration Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Integration Technician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Integration Technician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.