Process Planner (Recovery Operations)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROCESS PLANNER (RECOVERY OPERATIONS)
As a Process Planner for the Recovery organization, you will be responsible authoring and revising work instructions for all phases of Falcon 9 recovery operations including recovery operations, vessel maintenance, landing zone maintenance, and post-flight hardware processing.
- Author and illustrate technical work instructions for all phases of Falcon 9 recovery operations and maintenance
- Prioritize and implement process improvement revisions to Falcon 9 recovery operations and maintenance work instructions in a timely manner
- Create, validate, and maintain time estimates for repeated work content throughout Falcon 9 recovery operations and maintenance
- Assist recovery engineering and recovery operations departments with large scale process improvement projects to further reduce time between mission operations
- Author and conduct training for recovery engineering and recovery operations departments as needed for technical work instruction ecosystem changes or improvements
- Interface with other launch site departments to improve overall strategy for efficient task execution as required to meet operational schedules
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ year(s) of professional work experience working in operations for maritime, aerospace, transportation, automotive or manufacturing environments
- 1+ year(s) of professional experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in a technical or business field
- Experience converting engineering instructions and information into content intended for a variety of audiences and ability levels
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing planning or technical writing within the automotive, maritime, transportation or aerospace industry
- Prior experience with rocket launch or recovery operations and processes
- Prior data analysis skills with Excel, Python, SQL, and/or other analysis tools
- Prior experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse co-workers within the engineering, technician, and leadership teams
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Demonstrated abilities for strong analytical, project management, computer, communication, and writing skills
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- Ability to work outdoors and in maritime environments
- Ability to support extended hours, nights and/or weekends as required
- Travel may be required (<10% of the time)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Process Planner/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Process Planner/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Process Planner/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.