Build Planner (Ship & Booster Production)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
BUILD PLANNER (SHIP & BOOSTER PRODUCITON)
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective build planning system for vehicle build campaigns.
- Coordinate with area production managers, engineering leadership, and other managers of shared resources to generate clear and executable weekly and monthly build campaigns.
- Coordinate shared resources to ensure adherence to build plans. This includes planning the following resources and operations; scaffold team, boom and scissor lift access planning, CLT major lift operations, vehicle station moves, work access decisions/planning; NDE timing/access to work, check out planning and clears.
- Recommend actions to keep projects and vehicle builds on schedule, facilitate corrective actions for build schedule slips, and communicate build timing updates in a timely manner.
- Recommend process, infrastructure, and tooling improvements to reduce build time.
- Evaluate and communicate daily, weekly, and monthly performance and manage build adherence to plan metrics.
- Keep stakeholders informed of project deadlines and prepare project progress reports.
- Assist the production area manager with preparing the line for vehicle design change incorporation.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of professional manufacturing scheduling, fleet management, service writing, project manager, or production coordinator experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management
- 5+ years of build/schedule planning or project management experience
- Certification as a PMI scheduling professional (PMI-SP)
- Advanced proficiency in project scheduling software, such as Smartsheet or MS Projects
- Ability to create of data driven tools which allow production leaders to act more efficiently
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and communication skills
- Ability to make interpersonal connections and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be available for all shifts, extended hours, and/or weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Planner/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Planner/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.