Machine Maintenance Technician (Starlink) - Level 4/5
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MACHINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (STARLINK) - LEVEL 4/5
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. We are looking for skilled and well-rounded maintenance technicians to help ensure high productivity and reliability of our high volume Starlink User Terminal manufacturing facility.
- Perform planned maintenance and unplanned repairs of production line assets that includes SMT line equipment, epoxy dispensing printers, conveyor systems, thermal chambers, test reliability chambers, and vacuum systems
- Read and utilize schematics (mechanical/electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic) to troubleshoot systems down to the component level
- Utilize diagnostic equipment to monitor equipment performance, diagnose root cause, and make reliability improvement recommendations
- Use schematics, hand tools, electrical gauges and common test equipment for calibration, diagnosis and repair or maintenance of equipment
- Communicate with suppliers, specify requirements, get quotations, and submit purchase requisitions to purchase necessary items
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 6+ years of maintenance technician experience in a manufacturing and production environment
- 6+ years of experience with repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and/or hydraulic systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintenance experience with ASM-SMT, Flexlink, Heller, Pemtron, Koh Young, Thermotron, Envirotronic, ESpec, Mycronic, Nordson, and Beckhoff equipment
- 5+ years of experience as a maintenance technician or field service engineer
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting with high level of attention to detail
- Excellent manual dexterity in order to repair and perform preventative maintenance on SMT related equipment in a cleanroom environment
- IPC-J-STD-001 certification and/or IPC-A-610 certification
- Ability to adjust equipment, feeder, and change over setups for each process
- Ability to use power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings
- Ability to write detailed repair reports when necessary (skilled with use of Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies, and industry standards
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Familiar with Lean or Six Sigma tools like Five Whys methodology
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
- Estimated start times: 1st shift (5am), 2nd shift (3:30pm)
- Position requires physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 25 lbs. unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Machine Maintenance Technician/Level 4: $38.00 - $48.00/hour
Machine Maintenance Technician/Level 5: $43.00 - $57.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.