Production Coordinator (Machining) - 2nd Shift
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (MACHINING) - 2ND SHIFT
The Production Coordinator is a linchpin role within SpaceX’s machining operations teams. Production Coordinators work in support of all machine shop leadership staff to ensure the one time delivery of components and assemblies.
- Monitor, track, and move parts as required through the production flow to ensure timely delivery to next production location
- Coordinate physical movement of parts through receiving inspection, stock rooms, purchasing, production resources or any applicable work center within SpaceX
- Move parts between resources within production area
- Ensure parts are handled and protected properly and within SpaceX specifications
- Coordinate off-site processing of parts to ensure on-time delivery as required
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and production teams to ensure our MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general failure
- Update and utilize target management system to drive results
- Work with production supervisors and managers to ensure all metrics driven action requirements are completed
- Communicate part status and estimated completion dates to leadership and customers
- Assist production leadership and project teams with action item updates as required
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow as required
- Support production and inventory personnel with “return to stock” and inventory purge actions
- Support purchase requisition creation for scheduled contract work as required
- Support projects or productivity development activities within assigned production cells
- Support assigned production cells with work order management activities as required
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of coordinating experience in a manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience handling parts in a manufacturing setting
- Forklift and pallet jack experience
- Strong computer skills, familiar with the full suite of MS Office products
- Experience in organizing files and documents
- Inventory experience
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic manufacturing environments
- Must be open to working overtime and weekends as need
- Must be available to work 2nd shift hours (3:30am to 2:00m)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Production Coordinator (Machining)/Level 1: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Production Coordinator (Machining)/Level 2: $22.50 - $27.00/hour
Production Coordinator (Machining)/Level 3: $25.00 - $30.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.