Lead CNC Machinist (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD CNC MACHINIST (STARLINK)
- Lead a small team of programmers/machinists
- Help guide team with best practices and help cross train team in CNC software
- Maintain shop schedule and act as POC when management is unavailable
- Help to ensure team has proper information and tools to complete their work
- Offer suggestions on drawing changes to improve manufacturability
- Machine fixture tooling as directed by process sheets
- Ensures team meets expectations for efficiency and productivity goals
- Constantly keep products moving and alerting management when blocked
- Provide consistent ideas for process improvements
- Responsible for setting up, operating multi-axis CNC machines (mills and lathes) up to and including 5 Axis mills and 6 axis lathes
- Must be proficient at all types of drilling, tapping and milling and turning
- Must be able to complete machining operations from blueprints, drawings and/or verbal instructions
- Must have experience with complex, tight tolerance parts and various materials
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 10+ years of experience in set up and operation of CNC mill/lathe machines
- Experience with using G-code
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Multi axis Mill experience
- Programming experience
- Multi axis CNC lathe experience
- Willing to work all shifts, overtime and weekends as needed. Estimated shift time, 2nd shift: 3:00 PM – 1:30 AM
- Ability to read and work off of a blueprint
- Able to lift a minimum of 25lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Lead CNC Machinist /Level 3: $32.00 - $40.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Lead CNC Machinist /Level 4: $37.00 - $45.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.