Precision Inspector (Machining)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRECISION INSPECTOR (MACHINING)
- Complete surface plate work/inspection of machined aerospace parts
- Inspect supplied product according to the applicable drawing and or work order specifications to verify that it conforms to all design requirements
- Perform complex inspections following standardized methods
- Complete in-process inspection, visual and/or dimensional inspection of precision machined parts
- Interact proactively with production to improve products and reduce defects
- Communicate and help resolve quality related issues
- Document non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes
- Support quality management system policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives
- Work in a cross functional environment utilizing PC-DMIS programming skills as applied to DCC CMMs
- Create, maintain and verify CMM programs used for the measurements of manufactured and supplied parts
- Perform documentation review and verification of certifications, specifications, and conformance to design and specification requirements
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of quality inspection experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of ISO 9001/AS9100 quality management systems
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to review drawings and identify improper callouts/datum structures, according to ASME Y14.5
- Thorough understanding of all layout inspection tools (surface plate, height gage, indicators, calipers, micrometers, gage blocks, thread gages, etc.)
- DCC (direct computer controlled) CMM with PC-DMIS software experience
- 1+ years of experience with blueprint reading, shop math or GD&T
- Experience working in a machine shop
- Must be able to work all shift hours, able to work overtime and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Precision Inspector/Level 1: $23.00 - $31.00/hour
Precision Inspector/Level 2: $28.00 - $37.00/hour
Precision Inspector/Level 3: $33.00 - $43.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.