Stamping Press Operator (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
STAMPING PRESS OPERATOR (STARLINK)
As a Stamping Press Operator, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the operational availability of a wide array of Stamping and Washing equipment. You will apply your technical skills to install, maintain and repair mechanical and electrical systems. You will work with the highest caliber equipment engineering teams to improve equipment reliability and minimize or eliminate downtime.
- Setting up coil material, mounting progressive dies, clamping, and running production on automatic presses
- Troubleshoot production equipment and make adjustments to the stamping press and peripheral equipment
- This includes performing operator-level machine maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Perform quality checks as per inspection instructions and inform leadership of quality issues
- Stack or fill parts into packaging containers
- Work with de-coiler/straightener controls
- Remove and clear scrap from press and work areas
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience operating coil fed stamping press machines
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience operating coil fed stamping press machines
- Experience using COE coil feed, SEYI press machines, and Aida press machines
- Experience with aluminum material
- Experience with using progressive dies, servo presses, and automated presses
- Ability to meet daily/weekly production goals and critical time schedules
- Ability to utilize power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Ability to read blueprints and complete basic shop math, along with knowledge of flat pattern layout on sheet metal parts
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Estimated start time: 1st shift: 5:00 AM
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings, climbing hand over hand, lifting up to 25lbs unassisted, and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Stamping Press Operator/Level 1: $20.00 - $24.50/hour
Stamping Press Operator/Level 2: $23.00 - $29.00/hour
Stamping Press Operator/Level 3: $27.00 - $35.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.