SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
A Technical Trainer is driven by the fundamental belief that education and knowledge are power. But a SpaceX Technical Trainer combines that belief with a strong sense of urgency, creativity, and resourcefulness and loves opportunities for hands-on application. The ideal candidate brings applicable industry experience to the table and will be armed with strong communication skills and innovative problem-solving abilities.
- Create course materials, such as PowerPoints, student handouts, and tests for instructor-led programs with student assessments
- Own, create & edit training Engineering Masters (EMs), for relevant training courses
- Partner directly with subject matter experts to design and develop engaging content for a variety of audiences and delivery modes (online, classroom, etc.) with clear strategies and tactics to achieve desired learning outcomes, including but not limited to Safety cable/wire, Fastener installation, high-pressure systems, WARP training
- Lead training modules (classroom and online) for Production & Engineering personnel on a variety of technical topics
- Organize, schedule, manage enrollments, record attendance and ensure training materials are available for in-person training courses
- Develop process specifications and research on new technologies
- Perform special assignments. (e.g. leading vehicle or process modifications in the field)
- Engage Production Management, Engineering, Quality and subject matter experts to gather feedback & process improvements for training modules
- Coordinate with third party vendors for specialized resources and instruction which are outside of SpaceX’s expertise
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience as a technical/on job trainer, conducting hands-on, instructor-led technical courses
- Experience with video editing and online training module development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in aerospace or vehicle manufacturing
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license is highly preferred
- Proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Skills to independently analyze, review, and research manufacturing processes and applicable standards
- Excellent oral and written training/communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate an in depth understanding of production manufacturing processes (e.g. drilling, riveting, component assembly and pressure testing capabilities) and machine operation
- Proficiency with the development of training programs and materials, including student assessments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience as a team-oriented self-starter, eager to meet and exceed objectives, with the ability to handle a multi-project environment
- Ability to read engineering drawings
Technical Trainer/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Technical Trainer/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.