SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
We are looking for an HRIS (Workday) Coordinator who’s eager to solve problems and has a strong interest in optimizing end-to-end processes through complex systems configuration and implementation. The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple high-impact projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. They will also be responsible for bringing a knowledge base in Workday to SpaceX to help us implement changes that maximize the platform’s utility for us.
- Administer and maintain our human resource information systems (HRIS) with a strong focus on configurations and administration of Workday, our core human capital management (HCM) system
- Analyze user requests, identify problems, research solutions, and resolve technical problems as needed for the wide variety of applications and systems supported within SpaceX
- Develop user guides and system documentation
- Assist in maintaining project plans, folders, milestone, and resource requirements and communications related to HRIS projects
- Facilitate and/or assist with system conversions, upgrades, and customizations
- Perform business process configuration for modified or new business processes within Workday, including security and security controls to ensure appropriate access to functionality for users and monitor appropriate data security
- Provide end user support for applicant tracking system related questions (Greenhouse)
- Maintain functional knowledge of HR processes and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience in human resources or as a HR coordinator, HR assistant, and/or HRIS/reporting position (internship experience may apply)
- Experience with an HRIS
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Workday certified (current or past) in HCM and/or payroll with at least 2 full life-cycle implementations
- Demonstrated understanding of Workday business object model and ability to trace data movement between Workday and any other connected system/application
- Demonstrated experience creating, maintaining, and implementing Workday business processes, configurations (including permissions), custom fields, and custom objects
- Experience using Greenhouse
- Experience and working knowledge of SQL
- Detail-oriented, organized, and have a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Position occasionally requires overtime, some nights and weekends when needed.
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the LA/Hawthorne, CA area.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
HRIS Coordinator/Level 1: $27.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.