Production Coordinator (Falcon 9)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (FALCON 9)
The Production Control Coordinator is a critical position within our team. This role is responsible for serving as a liaison between all internal and external organizations to ensure that components and assembles flow smoothly through the production area to meet stringent deadlines and quality standards.
- Monitor, track, and move parts as required through the company to ensure timely delivery to next production location
- Ensure parts are handled, packaged and protected properly within SpaceX specifications
- Ensure that scans and location accuracy is maintained within the shop and SpaceX’s ERP system
- Coordinate with supply chain teams to ensure on-time delivery of piece parts and outside services as required
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and production teams to ensure MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general failure
- Develop and maintain reports to highlight needs, deliverables and constraints as required for internal and customer use
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow as required
- Support management of material certifications as required – prevent use of un-certified materials
- Support production and inventory personnel with “return to stock” and inventory purge actions
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience supporting administrative processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience handling parts in a manufacturing setting
- Strong computer skills and familiar MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in organizing files and documents
- Inventory experience
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic manufacturing environments
- SQL and Tableau experience
- APICS certification
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Nominal hours – 1st shift (5:00 AM – 2:30 PM) 2nd shift (2:30 PM - 1:00 AM)
- Able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Production Coordinator/Level 1: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Production Coordinator/Level 2: $22.50 - $27.00/hour
Production Coordinator/Level 3: $25.00 - $30.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.