Sr. Sourcing Specialist (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOURCING SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. The Starlink Supply Chain Department is looking for a Senior Sourcing Specialist within the Network Supply Chain team to support the Redmond, WA production facility. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the Starlink program. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics, inventory management, negotiation of supplier contracts and pricing, and developing the commodity strategy.
- Create sourcing strategies to reduce risk, enable continuous cost reduction and align with company strategy on payment terms, cash targets, on time delivery and cost savings
- Build genuine relationships both internally and externally and drive cross-functional teams to achieve consensus regarding the opportunities
- Maintain vendor delivery of goods and services; execute purchasing transactions within scope area by issuing purchase orders for SpaceX programs and ensure delivery; manage all relevant master data to ensure accurate and complete information at all times
- Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to evaluate sourcing models and optimize the value of products and services that support business requirements; maintain continuous cost reduction programs; communicate, manage, and drive compliance to category strategies; provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Develop and improve sourcing strategies to reduce risk and meet targets for the Starlink program including, but not limited to, payment terms, spend targets, and cost savings
- Identify and execute cost reduction projects including planning, stakeholder coordination, timeline management, and project updates
- Negotiations: utilize negotiations to maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk
- Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories; Act as a market intelligence provider regarding categories; anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed
- Responsible for advanced quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions and performance for managed categories; perform business process analysis and develop models to improve cost; collaborate with stakeholders to define service level agreements and key performance indicators for suppliers, such as: delivery of business results, cost reduction, quality and timeliness of delivery; conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree
- Ability to mine data from our in-house ERP using Excel, SQL and Power BI to enable decision making
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience in managing high-spend portfolios (i.e. $10M+)
- Exceptional analytical, organizational skills, and independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize appropriately to meet internal customer and company needs
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, with strong ability to communicate to all levels of internal personnel
- Ability to distill and draw conclusions from large data sets
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment, demonstrates strong bias for action
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
- Ability to travel: up to 20% - 50% of work week
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Sourcing Specialist: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.