Production Coordinator (Composites) - 2nd Shift
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (COMPOSITES) - 2ND SHIFT
The production coordinator is a linchpin role within SpaceX’s manufacturing and production teams. Production Coordinators work in support of all production leadership staff to ensure the on time delivery of components and assemblies.
- Monitor, track, and move parts as required through the production flow to ensure timely delivery to the next production location
- Coordinate physical movement of parts through receiving inspection, stock rooms, purchasing, production resources or any applicable work center within SpaceX
- Ensure parts are handled and protected properly and within SpaceX specifications
- Coordinate off-site processing of parts to ensure on-time delivery as required
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and production teams to ensure MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general failure
- Analyze available data and develop metrics as required to drive optimal results
- Work with production personnel to ensure metric goals are understood
- Update and utilize target management system to drive results as applicable
- Develop and maintain reports to highlight needs, deliverables and constraints as required for internal and customer use
- Communicate part status and estimated completion dates to leadership weekly
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow as required
- Assist production leadership and project teams with action item updates as required
- Support management of material certifications as required; prevent use of un-certified materials
- Work with production supervisors and managers to ensure all metrics driven action requirements are completed
- Support production and inventory personnel with “return to stock” and inventory purge actions
- Support purchase requisition creation for scheduled contract work as required
- Organize and maintain the physical and electronic library for production related tooling and calibration database as required
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience supporting administrative processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong computer skills, familiar with the full suite of MS Office products
- 1+ years of Inventory experience and experience organizing files and documents
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Nominal hours - 1st shift: 5 AM – 3:30 PM and 2nd shift: 3:30 PM – 2 AM
- Able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Production Coordinator/Level 1: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Production Coordinator/Level 2: $22.50 - $27.00/hour
Production Coordinator/Level 3: $25.00 - $30.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.