Sr. Wireless Integration & Test Engineer (Direct-To-Cell)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. WIRELESS INTEGRATION & TEST ENGINEER (DIRECT-TO-CELL)
As a Wireless Integration and Test Engineer for Direct-To-Cell, you will play a critical role in integrating, testing, and evaluating the functional performance, reliability, and robustness of a complex satellite communication network with a focus on Radio Access Network (RAN) software. You will work directly with development teams to test and qualify RAN software to ensure it will work on orbit and will achieve target performance. You will work directly with partner operators to define and execute IODT testing.
You will implement python-based test automation for RAN software integration and testing. You will help deploy and manage all lab infrastructure for RAN development and testing. You may oversee test automation and execution done by other engineers. You will plan, track, prioritize, and report test and integration status to project leaders. You will ensure the Direct-To-Cell network provides the best possible communication system performance.
- Lead test and integration activities for Direct-To-Cell RAN software.
- Work directly with software development teams to write test plans, implement automated tests, and debug issues.
- Own RAN integration and IODT activities with partner operators.
- Build out and maintain lab test infrastructure.
- Own deployment, maintenance, and debugging for a terrestrial RAN used for qualifying Direct-To-Cell software before deploying on orbit.
- Direct involvement with initial on-orbit testing for Direct-To-Cell.
- Based on candidate's skillset, area of responsibility may span everything from wireless/RF DVT and performance qualification to functional feature validation, regression, and release testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or other STEM discipline and 5+ years of professional engineering experience; OR 7+ years of professional engineering experience, in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with and understanding of 4G or 5G air interface, call processing, and network architecture specifically focused on the Radio Access Network (RAN).
- Software development experience with test automation.
- Experience with debugging basic network issues
- Experience with Network/internet protocols such as: UDP/TCP/IPv4/IPv6/VLAN.
- Prior experience with test and integration for a cellular modem or wireless network.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong knowledge of wireless communications, networking protocols and/or signal processing.
- Prior experience debugging issues for a cellular network deployed at scale (either as a RAN vendor or network operator).
- Familiar with UE log analysis and other debug tools (QXDM, QCAT, wireshark).
- Software development experience with python.
- Prior experience managing a team of test/integration engineers or overseeing test activities.
- Strong skills in debugging and performance optimization; exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Software Engineer /Senior: $170,000.00 - $230,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.