Electromechanical Technician (Sensors)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ELECTROMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (SENSORS)
The electromechanical technician will be responsible for mechanical and electronic assembly and test. The position includes gluing, micro-welding, soldering, crimping, box assembly, schematics, written instruction, and working with assembly of some miniature mechanical and electrical components. The right candidate will take responsibility for on time manufacturing, assembly and troubleshooting, additionally will learn the requirements of the quality management system.
- Mechanical/electrical assembly of transducers and other electromechanical assemblies
- Read and work from diagrams, specification, test instructions, schematics and assembly drawings utilizing enterprise manufacturing planning software.
- Operate automatic equipment including setup and troubleshooting for product manufacturing, such as wire bonding, resistance welding, laser welding, epoxy dispensing.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance is performed safely and on time and identify early signs of equipment and process degradation
- Perform testing on electromechanical devices, such as hi-pot testing, proof testing, and thermal cycling
- Support the efforts of the engineering team to build development parts and provide feedback to the engineering team to simplify the build process
- Part inspection and measurements utilizing basic tools and more complex vision system-based microscope
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience with hand or power tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Meticulous attention to detail with hands-on work
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Occupational trade school qualification in an electrical based field
- Experience setting up and running high-pressure equipment and tests
- Proficient soldering skills, handling small parts, operating CNS based automated equipment, microscope measurement
- Demonstrable hands-on skill in fault finding and problem resolution
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical and electrical drawings, manuals and reports. Experience navigating assemblies in 3D CAD
- Experience working in an electro-mechanical manufacturing company, a precision manufacturing company, or high-volume manufacturing company
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift (4am), 2nd shift (2 pm)
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to work with automated equipment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Avionics Sensors Technician /Level 1: $20.00 - $24.50/hour
Avionics Sensors Technician /Level 2: $23.00 - $29.00/hour
Avionics Sensors Technician /Level 3: $27.00 - $35.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.