Sr. Launch Engineer, Spacecraft Integration (Payloads)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. LAUNCH ENGINEER, SPACECRAFT INTEGRATION (PAYLOADS)
- Provide engineering support to the following efforts: Starlink satellite integration, and customer payload integration
- Develop and execute procedures for the checkout and integration of Starlink satellites, commercial/government spacecraft integration, and ground support equipment part maintenance
- Closely collaborate with engineering staff and highly skilled technicians on a daily basis
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals
- Manage the driving of non-conformances into actionable items and system improvements reflected in work instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience with multi-disciplinary system assemblies (past work experience, internships, team/personal projects with aerospace vehicles/payloads, automotive, aircraft, or marine assemblies qualify)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following: launch vehicle or spacecraft integration; operations in 100,000 class or better clean rooms; test operations with gases/fluids; data acquisition setup and field measurements
- Strong written and oral communication skills, a meticulous attention to detail, an emphasis on safety, cleanliness, adherence to corporate policies and standards, a great attitude, and the ability to work with a team
- Experience in writing test plans and test procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Able to work well with a wide range of people across multiple organizations, including mission management, customers, and vendors
- Professional experience testing and operating with or around hazardous systems (high pressure, high energy, hazardous gases/fluids, etc.)
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Physical effort including standing, lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 35 lbs.)
- Overall mental fitness with the ability to work in a high-concentration, high-stress environment requiring prolonged mental concentration (under possible extended work hours)
- Occasional travel may be required
- Schedules vary due to site operational needs, and night/weekend shift rotations are often necessary – flexibility is required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Launch Engineer/Senior: $125,000.00 - $175,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.