CNC Machinist (Launch Hardware)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CNC MACHINIST (LAUNCH HARDWARE)
- Program and machine high precision, quick turn projects as well as reoccurring production jobs with the same attention to detail
- Look critically at all part processes to drive efficiency and improve quality by interfacing with engineers and designers
- Complete machining operations from blueprints, drawings, verbal instructions, and models
- Set up, operate, and prove-out programs on a variety of equipment including, but not limited to CNC mill (horizontal and vertical spindle), CNC lathe, manual mill/lathe and all other typical machine shop equipment
- Give feedback to engineers and designers, including early process reviews and receive feedback from customers to improve quality at the machine
- Enforce SpaceX processes, procedures and safety culture while working at company facilities Help train co-workers in the shop with a team mentality
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of professional experience running CNC Mills or lathes
- 3+ years of professional experience reading G-code and programming CNC machines
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to diligently run multi-axis and multi-tasking programs
- Proficiency with typical precision measurement tools such as dial indicators, bore gauges, micrometers, calipers, and other common inspection tools
- Basic knowledge of cutting tools, as well as speeds and feeds for each, regardless of material type
- Experience with Fanuc, Hurco, and Haas machine tool controls
- Experience with manual lathes, knee mills, and various other manual equipment
- Experience with Renishaw probes
- Ability to read engineering prints, proficient interpretation of GD&T feature interpretation
- Basic knowledge and experience developing work holding and fixturing solutions required to complete quality, repeatable Parts
- Experience with Mastercam 2019+
- Desire to work collaboratively across several teams as needed to complete projects requiring multiple disciplines
- Strong communication skills and a desire to help achieve company goals in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Possess a strong desire to help maintain shop cleanliness and organization, and maintain a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Available to work all required shift hours and be available to work overtime, and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.) unassisted
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings and climbing hand over hand
- Ability to work at elevated heights (up to 100 feet)
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Travel to other sites may be required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
CNC Machinist/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
CNC Machinist/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
CNC Machinist/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.