SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Hospitality Lead is a leadership role responsible for, but not limited to, staff supervision, oversight of guest services and customer satisfaction, and quality control in one or more of our food service outlets. This individual works directly with Hospitality leadership to properly delegate tasks, monitor the flow of service patterns, improve customer service interactions, and fills in as the key point of contact in the supervisor or manager’s absence. They are also responsible for overseeing the dining area upkeep and directly addressing concerns or complaints from the customers in person at the point of order. The lead is able to work all service outlets and has the ability to troubleshoot equipment issues, problem solve, and communicate at a high level. The Hospitality Lead supports the mission by upholding friendly, welcoming service environments that enhance the productivity and morale of the workforce while ensuring the staff is performing to departmental and company standards.
- Help team meet time and quality standards set by supervisor
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ensure record keeping logs are up to date and accurate
- Monitor staff rotations, break coverage, and day to day responsibilities
- Work with Hospitality leadership to plan services, deliver performance feedback, and support conflict resolution
- Fill in at workstations as needed
- Monitor quality and consistency of food products at point of service
- Monitor cleaning of service equipment and dining areas
- Facilitate effective communication of team or operation needs between staff and leadership
- Support training of all Hospitality roles and responsibilities
- Enforce proper food safety practices with staff
- Support ongoing staff development
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of hospitality experience and 1+ year of leadership experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years of previous food service experience in customer service role
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Experience working in large team settings
- Experience in corporate environment
- Experience in high volume operations
- Comfortable working with Microsoft word, excel, and outlook
- Ability to carry large heavy items unassisted (up to 25lbs)
- Able to stand for long periods of time – up to 10 hours a day
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
- Must participate in internal leadership and development training
- Must have or be able to obtain Manager level food safety certification
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level 2: $27.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.