Self-Propelled Modular Transporter (SPMT) Operator Trainee- Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SELF-PROPELLED MODULAR TRANSPORTER (SPMT) OPERATOR - TEMPORARY
- Work with a team of technicians and engineers to ensure systems and mechanical equipment is built with the highest level of quality to support the successful launch of our multi-million dollar launch vehicle
- Troubleshoot operational issues found during activation of fluid and mechanical systems including but not limited to hydraulic systems, high-pressure nitrogen and helium systems
- Maintain and install fluid system components from a schematic or drawing including ball and check valves, pressure regulators and gauges, etc.
- Set up, inspect, operate, and perform maintenance on hydraulic self-propelled modular transporters
- Operate multiple SPMT configurations
- Use various mechanical tools without instructions
- This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
- SHIFT: Day shift
- High school diploma OR equivalency certificate
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience with SPMT operators
- Hands-on operations with both large as well as small, fragile assemblies
- Experience troubleshooting fluid and mechanical systems
- Understanding of basic rigging and securing best practices
- Ability to read and interpret engineering work instructions/drawings and verify that the given load, securing method, transport, loading/unloading processes are carried out successfully and in accordance with transport plan
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production
- Ability to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Work in compliance with the applicable SpaceX and industry standards and regulations
- Able to stand for extended periods (8 hours min)
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
SPMT Operator/Level 1: $28.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, and various other discounts and perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.