Inventory Specialist - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INVENTORY SPECIALIST - 2ND SHIFT
This position supports the Starlink satellite factory. As Starlink continues to grow, we are expanding our inventory operation specifically for Starlink satellites. This role is responsible for completing putaways for inbound material, picking product for production, filling the lineside build locations with material, putting finished goods into inventory, picking finished goods for customer orders, and ensuring inventory accuracy.
- Receive, store and issue raw material, parts, details and hardware to support shop operations
- Store parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, identifying part and stored location
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with procedures
- Perform picking function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted for in kit
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions
- Issue material against approved paperwork such as affixing verification and traceability on required serialized parts before issuing. Validate lot trace
- Abide by all procedures, desk instructions and standard operating documents
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock
- Support the organizations metric goals and objectives
- Perform good housekeeping chores in area
- Perform cycle counts
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of inventory control experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of inventory control experience in a warehouse
- Experience operate a forklift and other related inventory equipment
- Experience and understanding of inventory and kitting processes
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields
- ERP system experience (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be available for at least one of the following shifts:
- Weekday Schedule: Second Shift (5:30PM - 4AM)
- Monday – Friday
- Weekday Schedule: Second Shift (5:30PM - 4AM)
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work in an open-aired environment, lacking temperature controls
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Inventory Specialist /Level 1: $22.00 - $25.00/hour
Inventory Specialist /Level 2: $24.50 - $29.00/hour
Inventory Specialist /Level 3: $27.00 - $32.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.