Process Technician (High Pressure Die Casting)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (HIGH PRESSURE DIE CASTING)
This technician will work with Associates and Process Engineers to keep steady production of high-quality high pressure die castings. This involves taking responsibility for die changeovers, reconfiguring the cells, new process development, and troubleshooting issues to produce castings according to the process and quality requirements.
- Lead die changeovers and startup of die casting dies
- Perform daily process check on each die cast machine to ensure the process is running smoothly
- Monitor the process and ensure that quality parts are being produced
- Monitor the die lube ratio daily to help maintain the casting process
- Submit daily reports on key measurables
- Troubleshoot the machines with process and automation engineers
- Aid in the creation, maintenance, and following of the process and quality documentation
- Continuously improve the die casting process
- Support the secondary operations (deburring, CNC, robots, packing) and ensure good and clean castings are provided for the finishing
- Ensure the correct part numbers of quality castings are being produced to satisfy the production demands
- Perform cycle time study on each die cast machine to ensure times are within target range
- Able to use a laser for shot end alignment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years die casting experience in a production environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ professional foundry or high pressure die casting experience.
- Associate's degree with a focus in physics, mathematics, or engineering.
- Strong troubleshooting experience for electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical issues
- Experience with tooling changeovers
- Basic robot control and programming
- Experience with data entry and Microsoft Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Basic understanding of maintaining and using control charts.
- Experience with power electronics.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and 5S principles
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Estimated start time: 1st shift: 5:00 AM
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Process Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Process Technician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Process Technician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.