Lead Facilities Technician - 3rd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD FACILITIES TECHNICIAN - 3RD SHIFT
Redmond Facilities team is looking for an experienced and driven Lead Facilities technician focused on building structures to work in a fast paced environment, where the extraordinary becomes the everyday. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, communication skills, and the ability to supervise multiple projects.
- Lead and direct teams of facility technicians
- Develop PM service programs
- Schedule daily work and prioritize assignments
- Ensure the safety of the team and assets
- Communicate effectively to customers and team
- Write status reports and maintain accurate records
- Resource manage materials and equipment
- Ensure quality workmanship and customer satisfaction
- Maintain and repair or coordinate repair of all facilities systems (HVAC, compressed air, Nitrogen, rental equipment, water/ lavatories, fire systems)
- Coordinate minor construction projects and facility upgrades including getting vendor quotes, submitting PO’s coordinating with operations and engineering
- Train new facilities technicians on procedures and equipment responses
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 10+ years mechanical or construction experience
- 2+ years of experience leading teams
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication, verbal, and written communication skill
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Ability to accept directional changes in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Ability to work 3rd shift: 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.; lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, are required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to use power tools, hand tools, and power equipment
- Ability to work in extreme outdoor environments
- Occasional off hours or weekend work to support projects
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Facilities Technician/Level 3: $23.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Facilities Technician/Level 4: $26.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Facilities Technician/Level 5: $29.00 - $33.00/hour + $2.00/hour lead differential
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.