SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Perform routine building maintenance tasks including non-technical troubleshooting and repair of plumbing, electrical, HVAC and/or carpentry requests
- Conduct site-wide maintenance to our facilities including painting, patching walls, replacing ceiling/flooring tiles and carpet
- Perform inspections and repairs to assigned site interior and exterior areas to include walls, floors, installed fixtures, roofing systems, and lighting
- Aid janitorial and hospitality staff with general requests for support including moving furniture, racks / equipment, disposing of garbage using forklifted dumpster bins, set-up and tear down of special event areas
- Manage other campus-wide operations and maintenance programs as assigned by facilities management
- Operate forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts when needed
- Open, track and resolve electronic work tickets on SpaceX’s custom work order system
- Adhere to proper safety guidelines at all times
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of facilities maintenance experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in construction, project management, equipment maintenance, and tenant improvements
- Experience with plumbing systems, backflows, lift stations, sewer machines and pumps
- Experience with concrete, forming and pouring
- Experience with engineering and construction principles, methods and codes
- Experience with industrial compressed air systems and maintenance
- Experience with carpentry maintenance tasks including routine sheetrock/drywall installation and/or repair, window replacement, cabinet/countertop replacement, painting/texturing (interior and exterior) and door/hardware installation
- Ability to read instructions and blueprints
- Experience with project management software, MS Excel, Word, or other project tracking software
- Good written and verbal communication skills - MS Outlook and Teams
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Self-motivated, works well with others and autonomously
- Safety training and use of fork lifts, scissor lifts, cranes & hoists, fall protection equipment
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Able to lift 35 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet), including the use of ladder
Facilities Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Facilities Technician/Level 2: $22.50 - $27.00/hour
Facilities Technician/Level 3: $25.00 - $30.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.