Sr. Sourcing Specialist, Indirect (Construction & Industrial Supplies)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOURCING SPECIALIST, INDIRECT (CONSTRUCTION & INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES)
The SpaceX Supply Chain Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory. As SpaceX becomes the overall market leader, they will position us to maximize valuation, fuel growth and ensure achievement. This individual will support capital purchases and construction projects for the construction and facilities organizations.
- Work directly with key internal stakeholders to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support capital and construction projects
- Lead team members to guide effective strategies on areas such as cloud, software and services
- Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to create strategic sourcing models that optimize the value of products and services
- Create sourcing strategies to reduce risk and meet targets for the purchasing department for payment terms, cash targets, on time delivery and cost savings
- Draft, negotiate, and manage capital and construction contracts from RFP through completion
- Manage contracts to ensure performance of the supplier meet contract obligations, and understand interrelationships between contracts and terms
- Perform project control tasks such as project budgeting and scheduling
- Identify and execute cost reduction projects including planning and coordinating with stakeholders, estimating completion, and providing project updates
- Oversee advanced quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions and performance for category managed
- Perform business process analysis, and develop models to improve cost
- Conduct research; perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories
- Source and onboard new suppliers to serve dynamic program with rapidly evolving business needs
- Place purchase orders, and resolve blocked invoices related to assigned category
- Advanced degree; or bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity or experience in industrial engineering, construction management, and/or facilities management
- Familiarity or experience in cloud services/ software sourcing
- Construction cost estimate experience
- Strong budget tracking and cost analytical skills
- Extensive project management and organizational skills
- Experience managing large scale industrial and commercial construction projects
- Strong contract negotiation and document management skills
- Remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed
- Quick learner and ability to prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications (e.g. MS Office Suite, SQL, PowerBI, etc.)
- Ability to conduct all activities with the highest degree of integrity
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to communicate outside of work hours
- Able to travel for business trips as needed (up to 70%) to Hawthorne, CA for initial training (3-4 months) and up to 10% on an ongoing basis
- This position is based in Brownsville, TX and requires being onsite – remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Sourcing Specialist: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.