Integration & Test Engineer (Fairings)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION & TEST ENGINEER (FAIRINGS)
- Work on the cutting edge of reusable rocket technology as you develop methods for rapid and reliable processing and re-flight of fairings recovered from the edge of space
- Provide engineering support to the following efforts: fairing refurbishment and re-flight, new production fairing processing
- Develop and execute procedures for the checkout and integration of SpaceX fairing flight hardware and ground support equipment to support both customer and Starlink missions
- Closely collaborate with engineering staff from other departments and highly skilled technicians on a daily basis to execute upwards of 55 launches per year
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards executing common program goals (including improving reliability and reducing overall labor hours)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- 1+ year(s) of experience with multi-disciplinary system assemblies (past work experience, internships, team/personal projects with aerospace vehicles/payloads, automotive, aircraft, marine assemblies qualify)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in, or hands-on experience with, one or more of the following: launch vehicle or spacecraft integration; operations in 100,000 class or better clean rooms; test operations with gases/fluids; data acquisition setup and field measurements
- Experience in writing test plans and test procedures
- Experience interacting with CAD software and large CAD models
- Experience working with high pressure systems, crane operations, or large structure test stands
- Ability to rapidly change roles and responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Ability to work well in a team environment and ability to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to pass Space Force background check for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- Ability to work at elevated heights and/or tight spaces
- Must be willing to travel, potentially for extended periods of time
- Physical effort including standing, lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 35 lbs)
- Work occasionally performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours, nights and weekends when required by mission milestones
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Integration & Test Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Integration & Test Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.