Human Resources Project Manager
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HR PROJECTS MANAGER
This position will be responsible for driving HR projects and strategic initiatives from onset to completion. Working with the HR Business Partner team, HR Data team, and client groups, the ideal candidate can execute a wide variety of HR projects and programs efficiently and in a manner that works with SpaceX’s unique company culture.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and customer stakeholders to identify needs and lead projects and strategic initiatives
- Manage HR projects start-to-finish, including planning, implementation, training, communications, and progress-tracking
- Monitor calibration of processes across HR; implement changes and best practices to ensure that processes are consistent, fair, efficient, and effective
- Partner with HR Data team to obtain informative data, utilize data to drive projects, make data accessible to HR Business Partners and client group leaders, and analyze trends and areas of improvement
- Collaborate with HR peers and their client groups to prioritize projects based on impact
- Ensure projects are completed in compliance with applicable laws and consistent with company culture
- Assist with organizational change, including facilitating change management and optimizing workforce structure
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years in a professional human resources role, ideally as a Human Resources Business Partner or in an HR leadership role
- Professional experience leading projects
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading projects both autonomously and in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Comfortable working with data and various HRIS systems
- Collaborative team-player who can work well with various stakeholders
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Degree in or training on project management
- Willing to travel, as projects dictate
- Able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- This role requires you to be onsite and can be based out of our Cape Canaveral, Starbase, or Hawthorne office locations - remote or hybrid work will not be considered.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Human Resources Project Manager: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.