Cook - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
COOK – TEMPORARY
- Prepare food items, ensuring consistency and compliance with the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking, and waste control guidelines
- Provide courteous and informative customer service in an "open kitchen" format, while ensuring that assigned station is stocked and clean
- Follow restaurant guidelines concerning guest services, food and physical safety, maintenance, and equipment/space cleaning requirements at all times
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months (permanent hire conversion is possible based on performance and business need)
- LOCATION: Cape Canaveral, FL
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
- High-volume cooking experience
- Experience with daily changing menus
- Current and valid SERV Safe or Food Handler's card or equivalent
- Friendly customer service attitude
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to work one of the following shifts:
- 1st shift: 6:00am - 2:30pm
- 2nd shift: 2:00pm - 12:30am
- Frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to work in continuously-standing position for 5+ hours
- Ability to work with hands continuously: chop, stir, scrape, scrub
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.