Production Control Scheduler, Spacecraft Integration (Dragon)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION CONTROL SCHEDULER, SPACECRAFT INTEGRATION (DRAGON)
SpaceX is currently seeking talented individuals for a position on the Dragon Spacecraft Integration team as a Production Control Scheduler. This role is responsible for providing both day-to-day tactical scheduling support as well as providing longer term strategic planning expertise to support our growing spacecraft fleet and hardware refurbishment. Additionally, the role will serve as a liaison between all internal and external organizations to ensure that components and assemblies flow smoothly through integration areas, component maintenance areas, and external suppliers to meet stringent deadlines and quality standards.
- Provide tactical scheduling and strategic long range planning expertise to our Dragon Spacecraft Integration & Component Maintenance teams
- Develop deep understanding of all aspects of Dragon spacecraft integration and component refurbishment constraints (with input from engineering, technician team, and production) to effectively coordinate, review, plan and schedule to develop and maintain Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for program using Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, or applicable software as required based on part and planning availability
- Own and maintain Power BI reporting tools for the Dragon Spacecraft Integration team, including data integrity, tool maintenance, and reporting quality
- Utilize our Factory Scheduler application and other applicable tools to ensure work is scheduled and prioritized accurately and efficiently, and resources allocated appropriately
- Prepare daily work schedules, track work progress, update project critical path schedules, and advise leadership of needed adjustments to daily work activities
- Perform schedule baseline change control, collection and tracking performance, critical path analysis and variance analysis as required
- Identify and support improvement opportunities for product yield, quality, safety, cost and team efficiency
- Serve as a liaison between vehicle campaigns and component refurbishment to help prioritize competing needs for facilities and resources to achieve manifest requirements
- Provide coordination for large integration activities with support team resources as needed
- Provide daily visibility, weekly status, and monthly reviews on schedule performance
- Create and use tools using queries and Excel to highlight shortages, determine schedule risks and provide valuable insight to execution performance
- Maintain clear communication with both technician team and engineering team leadership
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of scheduling experience with Smartsheet, MS Project, or other scheduling software
- 2+ years of experience in an operations analyst, production coordination, scheduling or planning role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of manufacturing scheduling experience
- 4+ years of practical experience with ERP/MRP systems in a production environment
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other technical discipline
- Familiarity with lean principles, six sigma and Kaizen
- Project management professional certification
- Experience writing queries with SQL
- Experience building data visualization dashboards with Power BI, Tableau, or equivalent
- Prior experience with spacecraft integration or launch vehicle integration
- Ability to rapidly change priorities in a high-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people with a positive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel proficiencies
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines and with multiple levels of management
- Willing to travel for short or extended periods
- Able to work around hypergolic propellants (MMH and NTO)
- Able to pass Cape Canaveral Air Force Station background check
- Willing to work all hours (some flexibility required) as necessary to meet business needs
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Production Control Scheduler/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Production Control Scheduler/Level I: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.