Process Operator Specialist (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROCESS OPERATOR SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. We are looking for talented, creative, and driven specialists to drive manufacturing tools and processes, from initial concept development to full scale production. You will drive the relationship between engineering, development, and production teams and will interact regularly with department leadership. The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, security, and user experience of the products that you deliver.
As a Process Operator Specialist on Starlink, you will take ownership of state-of-the-art production processes and equipment performance and reliability by monitoring process parameters and maintaining components, with a keen eye for leading indicators of instability or malfunction, and a drive to correct those issues in advance of undesirable events. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and operationalization of equipment, facilities, treatment and manufacturing process technologies necessary for high volume production.
- Identify equipment and process deviations and perform corrective actions
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and calibrate a variety of process equipment including centrifugal and air diaphragm pumps, high pressure membrane systems, vacuum distillation systems, and other fluid control and treatment systems
- Work with engineers, technicians, and fabricators to implement fluid and mechanical designs in the field
- Work with engineers and technicians to create operating procedures
- Use knowledge of systems and existing documentation like schematics and parts lists to create and maintain a mature and efficient hardware inventory system – including procurement of critical spares
- Learn and run standard operating procedures on the equipment
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for yield, performance, and cost
- Define maintenance schedules and support activities
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, math or science discipline; OR 3+ years’ experience working with automated processes in one of the following areas:
- Control room operations
- Plant operations
- Fluid control systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with process parameters and engineering units for temperature, pressure, flow, and power
- Ability to read and understand P&ID and schematic wiring diagrams
- Experience with mechanical equipment and systems requiring the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly of industrial machinery and repair/replacement of bearings, gears, structural components
- Experience with lock out tag out, job hazard analysis, hot work permitting
- Able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Able to work outside with hand tools
- Able to stand, climb, walk and work with object overhead
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Process Operator Specialist/Level 1: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Process Operator Specialist/Level 2: $34.00 - $43.00/hour
Process Operator Specialist/Level 3: $38.00 - $48.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.