Shuttle Driver - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SHUTTLE DRIVER - TEMPORARY POSITION
- Transport people in a shuttle between locations
- Safely load and unload cargo as needed
- Responsible for ensuring shuttle contents are secured for safe and undamaged delivery to destination
- Avoiding high-traffic and accident-prone routes, where possible
- Monitor service records of the vehicle when driving and report all problems to manager immediately
- Responsible for the cleanliness of vehicle and refueling when low
- In case of emergency contact immediate supervisor and provide detailed information to remedy issue
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months (permanent hire conversion based on performance and business need)
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of professional experience driving people in a commercial setting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Class B CDL passenger endorsement
- 10+ years of professional driving experience
- Professional experience driving people
- Outstanding knowledge of applicable transport and safety codes
- Experience with route planning
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer-service background
- Valid driver's license and clean DMV record
- Ability to work all required hours, weekends and off-shifts with minimal notice
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Shuttle Driver/Level 1: $18.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, and various other discounts and perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.