Spaceport Residential Property Manager
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SPACEPORT RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
The Residential Property Manager is responsible for overall day to day management and lease up of Starbase properties. This position will support the mission by providing a foundation of understanding for excellent customer service, quality of living and visiting accommodations that boost morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Set monthly goals to integrate leasing, property management, building maintenance and lease administration functions across the properties
- Adhere to the properties approved budgets with an emphasis on timely rent collection, meeting monthly leasing goals, receivable management, and vendor supervision
- Assign tasks on a monthly basis to ensure timely completion of supporting task like turnover repairs are in sync with leasing, marketing plan supports the lease program, preventive maintenance tasks are complete to avoid disruptions or additional costs
- Be up to date on new development or redevelopments within Starbase residential development and overall site plan and be able to discuss how these will impact residential operations
- Work closely with the leasing associate to ensure all renewals or new leases meet the approved unit pricing
- Ensure all residential leases are executed in accordance with SpaceX policies and procedures (within 2 business days)
- Verify on a monthly basis the accuracy of the properties rent role, occupancy status, lease charges, lessee’s match actual resident’s name and term
- Track actual collection of rent to ensure timely payment and to avoid excessive delinquent rent balances so that the property is no more than 30 days behind on any residential lease
- Ensure lease terms are correct before all residential leases are executed by any resident and accept no resident’s changes to the lease form without VP approval
- All supporting addendums must also be executed by the residents as set forth by each property’s standardized lease form
- Work closely with the immediate supervisor to create a monthly preventive maintenance calendar with the goal to use onsite maintenance technicians to maintain or complete most of the preventive maintenance work
- Monitor and control the properties expenditures in accordance with approved budgets and be able to provide recommendations for deferring or capitalizing work as required
- Inspect the properties at a minimum of once a month to ensure the overall appearance, exterior lighting condition, cleanliness and maintenance of the property’s common areas with approved vendors and provide corporate a monthly inspection report
- Be able to provide annual budgeting and expense management along with monthly variance analysis and work closely with corporate to achieve all targeted leasing objectives and operating expense controls
- Maintain a first-class organization system of centralized leasing files, vendor files, building files and other as may be required
- Establish standardized management practices for launch operations, emergencies, evictions, energy management and tenant issues.
- Responsible for coordinating leasing coverage all days of the week including weekends
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience working in a residential property manager capacity
- Experience with accounting practices related to residential leasing
- Experience opening new operations and/or creating operational procedures from the ground up
- Advanced knowledge of customer service and problem resolution
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of room inventory, housekeeping processes and guest services
- Experience in a corporate environment
- Proficient knowledge of human resources management
- Ability to organize work for large groups in various service formats
- Strong time management skills
- Experience with high volume, complex multidisciplinary operations
- Experience leading groups in large team settings of 10 or more staff members
- Eye for aesthetic industrial design
- Experience with facilities within an aerospace industry
- Familiar with space planning procedures and operations
- Ability to create and update RFPOs and facilities work orders in an ERP software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, vendors, and customers
- Logical and strategic approach to solving problems
- Ability to read and understand basic floor plans
- Experience with leading industry software
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic directions
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and non-standard work-week hours
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Spaceport Residential Property Manager: $110,000 - $145,000/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.