Integration & Test Specialist, Falcon Operations (West Coast)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION & TEST SPECIALIST, FALCON OPERATIONS (WEST COAST)
SpaceX is currently seeking a talented individual for a critical integration specialist role on the Falcon Operations Team. This team member will be responsible for supporting the execution of engineering task items to be successful with the Falcon Operations launch manifest. A wide range of skills and a self-driven attitude are essential for this role in order to support the current demands of ever-changing priorities.
- Process Falcon 9 flight vehicles in the pursuit of safe, rapid, and reliable rocket re-use, integration and launch
- Design and develop tools and hardware to enable vehicle assembly and conduct vehicle system testing
- Develop and execute procedures for the checkout and integration of new and flight proven rockets and ground support equipment
- Assist with and lead the hands-on assembly, integration, and testing of new and flight-proven vehicle assemblies
- Partner with highly skilled field technicians to execute operations on a daily basis
- Lead critical on-site operations while collaborating with engineering staff from other departments and SpaceX locations to resolve off-nominal test results and ensure flight readiness
- Identify high-risk processes and problems during flight hardware processing, and proactively implement improvements to ensure operational excellence
- Rapidly develop and refine manufacturing assembly procedures based on lessons learned
- Manage work orders and the driving of non-conformances into actionable items and system improvements
- Maintain clear communication with engineering, technician, and logistics teams
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in a technical and hands-on production environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of professional experience designing, building, integrating, and testing complex multi-disciplinary systems
- Experience writing test plans and test procedures
- Experience working on projects that involve the integration of electrical, mechanical, and software systems (launch vehicle and/or spacecraft experience is not required)
- Proficient in or hands-on experience with one or more of the following: launch vehicle or spacecraft integration; composite structure design or testing; test operations with gases/fluids; data acquisition setup and field measurements
- Professional experience testing and operating with or around hazardous systems (high pressure, high energy, hazardous gases/fluids, etc.)
- Professional experience working with large assembly moves (e.g. crane operations)
- Flight hardware avionics experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Ability to learn, lead others, and help others learn while maintaining productivity
- Ability to pass Space Force background check for Vandenberg Space Force Base
- Overall mental fitness with the ability to work in a high-concentration, high-stress environment requiring prolonged mental concentration (under possible extended work hours)
- Ability to work one of the following shifts, overtime, and weekends as required:
- 1st shift: 6:30AM-5:00PM
- 2nd shift: 5:00PM-3:30AM
- Must be willing to travel (anticipated 20%) to other launch sites or customer facilities as necessary
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Integration & Test Specialist/Level 1: $33.00 - $41.75/hour
Integration & Test Specialist/Level 2: $37.50 - $47.25/hour
Integration & Test Specialist/Level 3: $41.75 - $52.75/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.