Supervisor, Materials Management (Starbase)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, MATERIALS MANAGEMENT (STARBASE)
The Starbase Materials Management organization is a crucial part of Supply Chain managing the daily receipt, distribution, and issuance of materials critical to build and launch rockets into space. Our goal is to become a leader in logistics performance with high on time delivery rates. The Supervisor will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and exceeding customer expectations by leading continuous improvement to improve all aspects of logistics management.
- Perform administrative duties, including but not limited to, approving timecards, scheduling, periodic reviews, maintaining stocking levels of supplies, one-on-one mentoring and training of direct reports
- Implement best logistics and inventory management practices including but not limited to best transportation options, kitting strategy, inventory strategy, and work order management practices in accordance with procedures
- Support and maintain metric goals and objectives for the Production Coordinator and Inventory teams
- Conduct regular safety walkthroughs, address safety issues, and promote safety policies
- Distribute campaign work order management workload appropriately, implementing a low-priority and high on-time kitting strategy in accordance with internal customer and campaign timelines
- Interface with Shipping, Receiving, Quality Control, Transportation, Planning, Purchasing and other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt and distribution of material
- Be the focal point for area audits and other events pertaining to the responsible production coordinator teams
- Ensure that a clean and organized work area is maintained by making continuous improvements to workspace design
- Supervise the Production Coordinator and Inventory Management teams
- Foster an environment where change is embraced and ideas are respected, supported, vetted and ultimately implemented (if deemed appropriate)
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of professional experience in materials management, supply chain, or production/manufacturing; or 4+ years of professional experience materials management, supply chain, or production/manufacturing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- APICS certification – CPIM or CSCP
- Lean/6-Sigma experience (Green/Black Belt certifications)
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, automotive manufacturing environment
- Hazmat Certified
- Working knowledge of transport guidelines as defined by 49CFR / IATA
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office applications
- Lifting up to 25lbs. unassisted, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to work all shifts, extended hours and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor, Material Management: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.