Sr. Graphic Designer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. GRAPHIC DESIGNER
As a Sr. Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for leading the creative development and execution of a wide range of visual design projects with the ultimate goal of at inspiring and educating the public. This position will play a critical role in bringing to life visual representations for both external and internal needs and require a keen eye for detail and execution.
- Partner with the Communications, Content and Creative teams in producing assets across multiple platforms (print, digital, webcast and experiential graphic design)
- Sketch, storyboard, ideate, and generate new concepts based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research
- Own the creative process from design to execution on projects both internal and external facing
- Maintain the visual aesthetic of the brand
- Lead and manage projects ranging from simple design requests to managing complex print-ready materials
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional design experience in illustration, graphic design, or print production
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, web design, or advertising
- 8+ years of digital graphic/visual design experience, preferably in a creative digital agency setting working on digital products
- Experience with client management and full-cycle production of original content
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Expertise in visual quality assurance (VQA) of image size format, color format, and file delivery format
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Proficiency with Figma
- Experience with image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color corrections
- Experience in design, layout, color, and typography to art direct or produce digital assets, partnering with Product Designers
- Experience creating 2D digital assets/iconography
- Experience with animation, motion design, motion graphics work, and dynamic interactions
- Experience in industrial design or working with industrial designers
- Experience with UX/UI design
- Experience in printer spec language and output as well as working with outside print vendors and digital production
- Strong visual and conceptual skills to solve problems and create novel solutions
- Typeface and or illustration design skills
- Knowledgeable in industry standard digital production technologies for pixel-perfect branded design assets for web and apps
- A growing ability to develop innovative design work across all media
- Resourcefulness and ability to locate and archive assets independently
- Able to multi-task on design projects with a tireless work ethic
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure and articulate directives in an open, ever changing, fast paced environment
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and prioritize projects based on the business calendar
- Online portfolio and any supplemental samples of work in a PDF required for consideration
- A portfolio is a required with examples of graphic design, motion design, and iconography assets
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends to accommodate prototyping and product launch campaigns
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the Hawthorne, CA area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Graphic Designer/Senior: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.