Additive Technician (Machining Production) - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ADDITIVE TECHNICIAN (MACHINING PRODUCTION) - 2ND SHIFT
- Provides scheduling details, any needed instructional guidance of job assignments, correct procedures and applicable techniques to perform specific skills; ensures accuracy and completion
- Updates daily priorities based on input from leadership to ensure team and company goals are met
- Becomes trained and competent on required tools and equipment
- Provides leadership by setting an example, being a model, taking input and deciding how it fits according to our strategic initiatives
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and ensures operations are lean, efficient and effective
- Facilitates communication between team members throughout our business
- Ensures Additive team members are following SpaceX procedures and stipulations to create a safe environment
- Starts additive prints on schedule provided by leadership
- Performs PM’s and machine maintenance autonomously
- Masters all post processing actions from de-powdering to warehouse execution based actions such as splitting tensile coupons and maintaining proper traceability
- Maintains, troubleshoots, calibrates, and repairs equipment and instrumentation as needed
- Follows all necessary regulations and appropriate SpaceX procedures including quality policies, safety policies, OSHA, EPA, NIOSH, NFPA, ASME, NEC, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties including part movements and systematic traceability operations in support of Machining
- Works independently or as part of a team, meets aggressive schedules, provides guidance to team members
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understand basic G-Code and comfortable making adjustment to feed/speed
- Ability to use hand inspection tools to check machined features
- Familiar with multiple machine control, OSP, Fanuc, and Siemens
- Experience working with various material, such as Inconel, stainless steel, copper, titanium
- Ability to read and work off of a blueprint
- A good understanding of SAE and metric dimensioning
- Experience operating fabrication equipment including saws, grinders, sanders, drills, manual and CNC mills and lathes
- Experience in daily operation, preventive maintenance, and high level troubleshooting of additive manufacturing platforms
- Experience in a high-volume and/or fast paced environment
- Good understanding of facility support systems including compressed air, inert gasses, chilling water, and electrical
- Basic computer skill, problem solving and decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use ShopFloor, Warehouse Execution, and Work Order Dispatch
- Experience operating EOS and Xline printer platforms
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Additive Technician /Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Additive Technician /Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Additive Technician /Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.