Food Services Specialist - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
FOOD SERVICES SPECIALIST - TEMPORARY
The Cape Canaveral Hospitality team serves all employees, customers, government partners, potential clients and/or visitors with everything from snacks to daily meals to full service events. The Food Service Specialist is an entry level position for an individual that enjoys a fast-paced environment and dynamic workload within a team while working as an individual. They must be comfortable supporting task ownership as well as be flexible enough to switch from one to the next throughout the day. Specific daily tasks may change on short notice according to staffing and business needs. These may include, but are not limited to the following: taking inventory, stocking and distributing product, meal delivery, serving guests, and maintaining the cleanliness of dining spaces. The Food Service Specialist position supports the mission by providing excellent customer service, flexible support, and the ability to aid in production and service of quality food and beverage options in order to boost morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Exercise strong customer service and communication skills
- Assist with catering/event requests
- Assist in the organization and cleanliness of dining, work and storage areas
- Adhere to proper safety guidelines
- Adhere to proper food safety practices
- Interact in a professional manner with supervisors and co-workers
- Complete opening and closing lists
- Work with urgency to complete tasks
- Support proper product rotation and storage according to food safety requirements, including delivery
- Follow stocking routes, track inventory, and receive and distribute product around the site as instructed by leadership
- Support maintenance and upkeep of all equipment within food service areas including but not limited to beverage stations, coolers and hot holding units
- Meet time and quality standards set by supervisor
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months
- LOCATION: Cape Canaveral, FL
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in food preparation, customer service, or other food services support role
- Valid state issued driver's license
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in food preparation, customer service, or other food services support roles
- Self-motivated and takes initiative in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Previous work experience in a high-volume output environment
- Previous work experience in team settings
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Effective understanding of food safety and sanitation practices
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office and Outlook primarily)
- Ability to carry large heavy items unassisted (up to 25lbs)
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure
- Able to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
- Able to stand for long periods of time – up to 10 hours a day
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime, weekends and holiday as needed
- Adaptability, problem-solving skills, and extreme attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to collaborate effectively, including but not limited to training of incoming team members
- Valid Florida Food Handler Certification or willingness to obtain before employment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Food Services Specialist/ Level 1: $20.50/hour
Food Services Specialist/ Level 2: $21.50/hour
Food Services Specialist/ Level 3: $22.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, and various other discounts and perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.